(Accessory for BCS rotary hoe – The rotary hoe is not included)
Roller for adjusting the tilling depth and for leveling the soil.
The Precision Depth Roller is an accessory which is mounted behind the BCS rotary-hoe and transforms it into a hybrid and versatile attachment combining the advantages of a rotating harrow for the preparation of the sowing bed with the capacity to chop and bury weeds and plant residues.
The PDR consists of a roller (which fully covers the working width) and a quick change lever that adjusts the rotary hoe knife penetration depth with extreme precision reducing the impact on the soil to a minimum.
By adjusting the PDR on a reduced working depth (to approx 5 cm), it is particularly helpful for the preparation of the final sowing bed: the rotary hoe knives turn up and mix the soil allowing the quick growth of the young roots.
Lastly, the roller with holes gently compacts the surface layer of the soil to improve the performance of mechanical seeders and seed germination.
The tilling capacity at a reduced depth eliminates emerging weeds and creates a mulch that is not contaminated with weed seeds.
Raising the PDR to its maximum adjustment allows the rotary hoe knives to go deeper to turn up new soil and to create an organically richer soil.
It is available for rotary hoes with working width 66 and 80 cm.
– Working width: 66 – 80 cm
– Adjustment of the rotary hoe working depth: from 1 cm to the maximum tilling depth with a quick change lever
– Transport position: to allow the two-wheel tractor to move from and to areas to be worked without removing the PDR
– Steel roller with holes: supported by self-lubricating metal bushings
– Weight: 17 kg (for rotary hoe 66 cm.) – 20 kg (for rotary hoe 80 cm.)